Oculoplasty is a specialized branch of Ophthalmology, which focuses on abnormalities of the structures around the eye. Oculoplastic procedures refer to a large variety of surgical procedures that deal with the orbit (eye socket), eyelids, tear ducts, extra ocular structures, other structures around the eye and the face. These procedures include repair of droopy eyelids, repair of tear duct obstructions, orbital fracture repairs, removal of tumors in and around the eyes.
Oculoplastic procedures frequently have both functional and aesthetic purposes.
For example, Blepharoplasty, a procedure for excessive and droopy eyelid skin, may improve peripheral vision as well as facial beauty and rejuvenation. It aims at improving function, comfort and appearance.
Surgical and Theraputic
- Ptosis correction
- Entropion and Ectropion correction
- Eyelid tumor removal and reconstruction
- Eyelid trauma repair
- Blepharoplasty and Brow lift
- Botox injections
- Dacryocystorhinostomy, external and endoscopic
- Management of congenital dacryocystitis
- Repair of Lacrimal canalicular laceration
- Enucleation with orbital implant
- Cosmetic evisceration with orbital implant
- Socket reconstruction
- Custom made artificial eye and facial prosthesis